You could be eligible to attend our CDL training for little or no cost to you!
See if your CDL training qualifies for zero dollar grants or tuition reimbursement!
Truck Driver Training Key benefits in Bedford, VA
- New drivers make up to $55-70K starting, and with 6 months experience can make upwards of $90k.
- We offer both full- and part-time class schedules
- 160 Hours of Range, Road and Classroom Training
- Our CDL training is not contract-based. Work where you want upon graduation.
- If you don’t give up on yourself, we won’t give up on you; we will help you reach your goal of becoming a professional truck driver.
- Learner’s Permit is not required to start.
- We have 100+ industry connections for job placement assistance.
- Our placement rate of nearly 100 percent means you can be sure we will help you look for a good job with great pay and benefits.
- Unlike our competition, we do not charge trucking companies $500 per student hired.
- Around 90% of the companies that hire from our school offer complete tuition reimbursement.
- Shippers’ is DMV-licensed and has been jump-starting successful careers for more than 25 years.
- We accept the GI Bill®. The GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
(VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official
U.S. government website at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill
By the time you are done with your instruction, you will be ready for an entry-level driving position. We have lifetime job placement assistance programs, and we are here to help you throughout your career. Companies come to the cdl training locations weekly to recruit new drivers.
I graduated April 2018 grom the shippers Choice Chester, Va and I passed my DMV CDL test thanks the instructors TJ, Tony, George, Joe, Chris and Daniel. They are the best instructor I have ever met and I’m glad I picked this school. I recommend this location 100% and remember turn to the problem to fix the problem lol
As a female, getting my CDL A seemed unreal. Thanks to my recruiter Dale (who stuck it out with me until the end) and the Shippers Choice instructors, my dream became a reality. I have my Class A license. And I had a job lined up even before I even passed my test.
Great hands-on teaching. I felt VERY prepared the test. Great instructors.
I went to Newport News shippers choice, if you read the paper before you sign, it says they give you want info and tools you need to successfully be ready to take your test at the DMV. I personally took in everything they said and more, if you want to listen to what they are saying they go further then required. I appreciated it all, went got my Cdl, applied at tons of places while everybody offered me positions over the road I took a position locally with Pepsi, I am home everynight, great pay, better benefits than you could imagine also! Shippers choice is a great move for your future if you come here ready to focus and not joke around the whole time! Just like school, if you didn't pay attention you got bad grades, well, if you want to make a future for you and your family it's worth the investment!
Very good instructors. They gave me a lot of one on one training when I was having trouble. I had bad great credit and still received a loan and I didn't have to sign my car as collateral like CDS tractor trailer