Class A & B CDL Training
Shippers’ Choice of Virginia, Inc. was formed as a professional tractor-trailer driver training school in January 1993. We have been training students for more than 20 years! No school in Virginia has been training drivers for longer or provided better CDL training. Our 25,000 graduates are the proof. We were founded and started operations in Woodford, Virginia, and we have been growing ever since..
- 2005- We added Class B driver training to our Manassas location.
- 2006- Shippers’ Choice was asked by USA Truck and CRST to provide refresher training to their employees who held a CDL, but who had not driven recently or had been out of driving for a short time.
- 2007- We moved our Richmond school to the current location.
- 2009- We were asked by the Department of Motor Vehicles in Washington, D.C., to become the only third-party tester. For a limited time, we helped the DMV in D.C. catch up on a long backlog of people who wanted to take a CDL licensing exam but were unable to because the DMV was short on examiners. They recognized that we were the only people with the expertise and the ability to help.
- 2009- We moved our Manassas school to its current location.
- 2011- We moved to our current Newport News, Virginia, location.
- 2012-2013 – We added 20 new training vehicles to our fleet.
- 2013- We added Class B training to our Richmond location.
Today, we are stronger than ever, and we are working every day to help our students to improve their lives. Our mission is helping our students better their careers by getting their commercial driver’s license training, helping them land bigger salaries and better benefits. We believe in helping our students with financial assistance, as well as job placement. Unlike other schools, we do not do forced contract training and our students are free to work for any truck-driving company they want upon graduation. We have connections to more than 65 schools, and with nearly 100 percent job placement, our students have a great chance of finding their perfect driving job after graduating.
As a private school, we are unlike any other training program. Students are able to work at their own pace, instead of being rushed in a boot camp-style system. Our instructors bring decades of experience to the classroom and help students build their knowledge and skills the right way. By the end of training, our students are ready to join the fleet of drivers as safe and dependable entry-level professionals (and employers know it too).
Call us today to find out how we can help put you on the road to a successful career.